Pages

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Auto Dreaming

We started this page to give people an opportunity to share there Auto Dreams. 

When I was a kid, my cousins and I would peer out the windows of our Grandfather's station wagon and point to our Dream cars. The cars we wanted when we would be able to drive or afford them.

My Dream was to have a Chevrolet Camaro Z28. By the time I was sixteen, my mother gave me her 1973 Oldsmobile Cutlas Supreme. I thought I was the man in the neighborhood.

That Cutlas had a Rocket 350 V8 engine. I remember turning the air cleaner over to get more air induction and sound effects when stepping on the gas. Needless to say, I ran past my buddies in a 71' Vette and a 75' fiat racing on the highway.

Those were the good old days, when gas costs were low and I had little to no responsibilities. Just cruising the streets of Washington, DC.

My friends and I always had the cleanest cars wherever we would go, until one day I wrecked the front fender. As a young whippersnapper, I tried fixing the fender with bondo and brown paint from Trak Auto. It served its purpose for a few months until I ran the old girl to death.

Fun times and memories.

W Prescott
Photo byBill Chambles


No comments:

Post a Comment